This project represents further development on Teapot, a three-dimensional, function-oriented spreadsheet with iterative updates, written by Michael Haardt and Jörg Walter, from V 2.3.0 posted 2012 Feb 6.
This is a development version following release 2.3.0 of teapot (Table Editor And Planner, Or: Teapot), a spread sheet program for UNIX.
Copyright (C) 1995-2006 Michael Haardt Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Joerg Walter Copyright (C) 2019 Glen Whitney This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
This current development version has the following features:
- curses based user interface with easy to understand menus
- FLTK 1.3 based GUI following common user interface conventions
- Cross-platform compatibility
- UTF-8 support
- portable ASCII sheet file format
- tbl, LaTeX, HTML, CSV or formatted text files can be generated and simple SC and WK1 sheets can be imported
- typed expression evaluator with the types int, bool, float, string, error, location of cell, keyword, expression, style, and empty
- iterative expressions
- powerful cell addressing
- three-dimensional sheets
- new expression evaluator functions can be added very easily
- cell styles either set manually or computed based on the values in the sheet
- a user guide, available as PDF and HTML
- It is still a small and simple program!
teapot should work on any system which supports the following:
- ANSI C
- An XDR library (included in tirpc, otherwise use http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/portablexdr/ )
- For the text interface: SYSV curses or ncurses library
- For UTF-8 in the text interface: libncursesw and a UTF-8 locale
- For the FLTK interface: C++
- For the FLTK interface: FLTK 1.3
A GNU zipped tar file of the prior release V 2.3.0 is available from:
This development version is hosted at https://code.studioinfinity.org/glen/teapot-spreadsheet.
For more information, read the included manual in HTML or PDF format.